Following an initiative taken in 2017 by the Committee under the then Chairman, David Haggie, the decision was taken to investigate the possibility of creating 18 bedrooms for Members on the second floor and roof space in what was meeting rooms and storage. Prior to 1970, from when the Clubhouse was built in 1834, the space was used as staff accommodation.
Following a lengthy planning process the Club was granted full planning permission in November 2018. Work has now commenced and in August 2020, the bedrooms are due to open to Members. During this time this page will be regularly updated with information, photographs, plans and progress reports.